A scrumptious salad with mustard, lemon juice and sparkling lawn herbs.
- 1 cup barley rinsed in a first-rate mesh strainer
- 1/2 tbsp Coarse salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons minced shallot
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- ¼ cup sliced scallion veggies or chives
- 2 tablespoons chopped dill
- 2 tablespoons parsley chopped
- Bring a massive pot of water to a boil add barley and 1 teaspoon salt. Reduce warmth to medium till barley is tender, approximately 20-20 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile, whisk shallot, mustard, lemon juice and olive oil collectively withinside the backside of a serving bowl. Add the nice and cozy barley and herbs and stir to combine.
- Add salt and pepper and further lemon juice. Serve warm.