The vanilla liqueur is an exquisite digestif to revel in directly in a calming glass or over ice after dinner. Cocktails just like the apple pie martini and mile excessive Manhattan are perfect for this fashion of vanilla liqueur. Vanilla beans are expensive, so the recipe makes a big batch of vanilla syrup. It yields approximately 1 half of cups, and also you may not want it all for the liqueur.
- 1 cup water
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 vanilla bean
- 1 1/2 of cups vodka
- 1 cup brandy
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, carry the water to a boil. Add the sugar, stirring continuously till dissolved and the syrup is clear.
- Use a paring knife to cautiously break up the vanilla bean in 1/2 of lengthwise. Reduce the warmth to low, upload the vanilla bean, cover and simmer for five minutes. Remove from the warmth and permit the syrup steep for eight hours earlier than getting rid of the vanilla bean.
- To make the liqueur, integrate the vodka and brandy in a 1-quart jar. Add half of cup of the vanilla syrup, shake vigorously for as a minimum 30 seconds to integrate, and taste. Add a touch extra syrup at a time till it reaches your preferred flavor.
- The extra will preserve withinside the refrigerator for approximately weeks in a sealed jar or bottle. Use it in preference to simple easy syrup in cocktails, to sweeten espresso or tea, or pinnacle an oz. or of the syrup with seltzer for home made vanilla soda.
- For the satisfactory results, use a top rate vodka this is easy and smooth; one you’ll drink directly or in a vodka martini is a notable choice. The brandy must be mid-shelf, and each liquors eighty evidence for the smoothest flavor.
- Due to the sugar, liqueurs have a confined shelf life. Drink the vanilla liqueur inside six months, retaining the bottle sealed and saved in a fab vicinity out of direct light. It would not want to be refrigerated however may be in case you regularly revel in it chilled.
- Over time, the sugars may also crystallize, and that is an amazing signal that it is time to make a brand new batch of vanilla liqueur.