Uggani is a variation of Upma made from puffed rice and is perfect for serving for a healthy breakfast. This recipe is very easy and rapid to make.
- 3 cups of puffed rice
- 2 tablespoons of oil
- 1 medium chopped onion and tomato
- 6-7 coriander leaves
- 1/2 tablespoon of lemon
- 4-5 tablespoons of Gram dal
- 3 tablespoons of peanuts
- 6-7 curry leaves
- to taste Salt
- to taste Turmeric powder
- to taste Red pepper powder
How to make uggani
1. Wash the puffed rice in cold water and wring out the excess water.
2. In a saucepan, add the oil, curry leaves, mustard seeds, urad dal and peanuts. Cook it until they are soft brown.
3. Add salt, turmeric and chili powder to taste.
4. Then add your chopped onion and tomato. Cook for 5 minutes over low heat.
5. When the onions and tomatoes are tender, add your puffed rice.
6. Give them a good stir and put your uggani in a bowl
7. Finally, garnish it with coriander leaves and enjoy!