Ridge squash has many health benefits. To make this recipe, you would need some turai and some spices including cumin seeds, mustard seeds, cold water and salt, turmeric powder, red chili and a piece of green chili according to your taste.
Ingredients of Turai Chilke Ki Sabzi
- 1 and 1/2 cup Turai peel
- 1 cup of cold water
- 2 tablespoons of mustard oil
- 1 teaspoon of cumin seeds
- 1 teaspoon of mustard seeds
- to taste Salt
- to taste Turmeric
- to taste Red pepper powder
- 1 green chilli
- 1/2 medium chopped tomato
How to make Turai Chilke Ki Sabzi
1. Peel the skin of the vegetable and cut it into smaller pieces and wash the skin of the turai with cold water.
2. Add two spoons of mustard oil and one spoon of cumin seeds and mustard seeds to a saucepan. Let them cook over high heat.
3. Then add your turai skin and cover the pan with a lid until the sabzi is soft.
4. Add salt, turmeric powder, red chili and a piece of green chili according to your taste.
5. To this add three tablespoons of water and cook the skin over medium heat for 5 minutes.
6. Then add half of the chopped tomato and cook over low heat for another 5 minutes.
7. Now your sabzi is ready; serve it in a bowl and garnish with fresh cilantro!