A fresh, healthy and absolutely delicious salad recipe. Filled with the goodness of carrots, green papaya and cucumbers, this salad dish is organized in the colors of the national flag of India. Sweet and sour honey soy dressing is the perfect addition to a salad.
Ingredients of the tricolor salad
- 1/3 cup vinegar
- 3 tablespoons of honey / sugar
- 1 tablespoon of soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1-2 hot peppers (sliced), sliced
For the salad:
- 1 medium green papaya
- 1 large carrot (peeled), julienne
- 1-2 cucumbers, julienned
- 1/3 cup mint leaves, chopped
- 4 tablespoons of roasted peanuts
How to make a tricolor salad
Prepare the vinaigrette:
1. Combine all the dressing ingredients in a small bowl and set aside.
Prepare the papaya:
1. Cut off the ends of the green papaya. Using a vegetable peeler, peel the outer skin. Cut a layer of papaya to create green papaya shreds.
2. Mix the salad in a large bowl, mix the green papaya, carrots, cucumber, mint and peanuts.
3. Pour in the dressing that has marinated and toss to coat the vegetables with the dressing. Use immediately.