Comforting, easy, quick and super delicious, this tadka khichdi is definitely a major for your next meal. Plus, it’s super healthy and nutritious.
Ingredients of Tadka Khichdi
- 1 cup of rice
- 1 cup of Dal
- 1 medium chopped onion
- 1 medium chopped tomato
- 1 tablespoon of ginger garlic paste
- 1 tsp chopped green peppers
- to taste Salt
- to taste Sugar
- 1 teaspoon of Jeera powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of Haldi powder
- 1 teaspoon of Dhania powder
- 1 teaspoon of garam masala powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 tablespoon of hot ghee
- A pinch of Hing
- 1/2 teaspoon of Jeera
- 1 whole red chilli
- 1 teaspoon of Kashmiri red pepper powder
- To garnish freshly chopped cilantro leaves
How to make Tadka Khichdi
1. Boil the dal and chawal with haldi and salt. Set aside.
2. Heat the oil in a kadhai and add the onion, ginger and garlic paste, green peppers, tomatoes, salt, sugar, jeera powder, haldi powder, dhania powder, garam masala powder and red pepper powder.
3. Cook until the tomatoes become soft and mushy.
4. Now transfer the dal and chawal to this tomato and onion mixture and cook until you get a semi-dry consistency.
5. Finally, heat the ghee in a saucepan, add the hing, jeera, whole red chili and Kashmiri chili powder and wait for the jeera to spit out.
6. When the tadka is ready, pour it over the khichdi.
7. Garnish with a few freshly chopped cilantro leaves and a spoonful of ghee and serve.