Both the savory and candy model of paniyarams are served for breakfast in our residence holds,however we sense it heavy for breakfast so serve this for dinner or night snack.
- 1cup Idly rice/Pulungal arisi
- 1cup Raw rice/Pacharisi
- 1/4cup Urad dhal
- 1/2 cup Quinoa
- 1tsp Fenugreek seeds/Vendhayam
- half of to 3/four cup Jaggery as you needed
- 1/2tsp Cardamom/Ellakai powder
- Ghee as needed
- Salt a pinch
- 1/8 tsp Baking soda
- 2-3 tbs Coconut grated
- Soak the rice, dhal, quinoa and fenugreek seeds separately for atleast 3-3 hours and grind it to a clean batter with salt. Ferment the batter for 8-10 hours or overnight. Then, drain the water and grind them both separately into a smooth batter with a little water, ensuring that the batter is thick and not runny.
- Warm a pan and add 1/4 cup grated jaggery with 1 tablespoon of water. Heat until it’s melted and turns into a syrup. Filter the syrup through a sieve to get rid of the sediments. Add the jaggery syrup into batter and mix well. The batter will thin down a bit now, but that is expected. Add withinside the grated coconut, cardamom powder, baking soda to the batter. Mix it well.
- Warmth the paniyaram pan, upload less than 1/2tsp of ghee in every hollow and preserve it in a medium flame. Drop withinside the batter to 3/4 of every hollow and on medium flame. Flip it until it receives browned. Remove it from the pan. Paniyaram is prepared to serve.
- Cooking the paniyaram in a medium flame could be very crucial to get a pleasing brown color. Adding the coconut is elective however offers a pleasing taste and flavor to the paniyarams. The consistency of the batter have to do barely thinner than dosa batter.
- Frying withinside the ghee offers a pleasing taste and richness to the paniyaram,in case you are calorie aware then blend a tsp of ghee with the oil. The quantity of jaggery relies upon your preference because we each have candy tooth.