For those looking to boost their immune systems, this vegan, gluten-free salad is a quick fix for immunity. It’s packed with delicious superfoods like blueberries, chickpeas, and kale which are high in nutrients like calcium, iron, vitamin A, vitamin C, and antioxidants.
Superfood salad ingredients
- 1 bunch of raw kale leaves
- 1 cup canned chickpeas, boiled
- 1 cup of strawberries, sliced
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 1 cup of blueberries
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds (or your choice of seeds)
For the balsamic chia vinaigrette:
- 1/3 cup water
- 3 tablespoons of balsamic vinegar
- 1 garlic clove (finely chopped)
- 1 tablespoon of chia seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon table salt
How to make a superfood salad
1. First prepare the dressing by mixing all the ingredients in a mixing bowl. Whisk all the ingredients together by hand using a spoon for a finer consistency. You can also mix all the ingredients in a blender to get a thicker texture.
2. Keep the dressing mixture aside and it will thicken naturally as the chia seeds absorb water and swell.
3. Wash, massage and tear the kale by hand into bite-sized pieces. Drain the boiled or canned chickpeas and add it to the bowl of shrunken and softened kale. Add the onion, strawberries and blueberries to the mixture.
4. Put the dressing into the salad mixture and evenly coat all the ingredients. Sprinkle sunflower seeds on top.