A bowl of freshly made salad is a refreshing treat for the palate during the hot summer season. Here is a salad recipe that is easy to prepare at home, with the benefits of summer squash, white balsamic vinegar, lemon, garlic, basil leaves with the spices of red chili and black pepper. Enjoy it for lunch or a midday meal to beat the summer heat.
Summer squash salad ingredients
- 1/4 cup white balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons of lemon zest
- 2 red peppers
- 2 garlic cloves (crushed)
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 150 g of summer squash (zucchini)
- to taste sea salt
- to taste black pepper
- basil leaves
How to make a summer squash salad
1. Take an okhli and crush the 2 garlic cloves.
2. Now, in a bowl, add the white balsamic vinegar, lemon juice, lemon zest, red peppers and olive oil. Add the crushed garlic with sea salt and freshly crushed black pepper. Stir to combine.
3. Add the finely sliced summer squash to the mixture and toss to coat.
4. Keep aside and marinate for 10 minutes.
5. Place the marinated summer squash on a serving plate and decorate with the young basil leaves.