As soon as the temperature starts to drop in the fall, I can’t wait to make this salad. Made with just 7 ingredients, it’s a breeze to put together, but a bright lemon dressing, Parmesan, pine nuts, and dried cranberries make it lively, fresh, and satisfying.
Ingrediants for Salad of shredded Brussels sprouts
- 4 cups flaked Brussels sprouts
- cup of extra virgin olive oil, plus more for seasoning
- ¼ cup of fresh lemon juice
- ½ cup of pine nuts, toasted
- ⅓ cup of dried cranberries
- ⅓ cup of grated pecorino, optional
- ⅓ cup of chopped chives
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
Instructions for Salad of shredded Brussels sprouts
- Thinly slice the Brussels sprouts with a mandolin if you have one. Place them in a medium bowl and season with the olive oil, lemon juice, pine nuts, cranberries, pecorino cheese, chives and a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Let the salad sit at room temperature for 15 minutes, then taste and adjust the toppings. Complete with another drizzle of oil if you like.