This is an easy and tasty snack. It is typically prepared as a fasting meal especially in the states of maharashtra, karnataka & gujurat but also practised in other states too.
Ingredients of Sabudana Khichdi
- 1 cup sabudana
- 2 potatoes
- ½ cup roasted peanuts
- 10 curry leaves
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger
- 1 green chili
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- ¼ cup grated fresh coconut
- ½ teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons peanut oil or ghee
- rock salt
- 2 tablespoons chopped coriander leaves
How to Make Sabudana Khichdi
- Rinse sabudana very well in water. Then soak sabudana overnight.
- Drain the sabudana very well.
- Boil the potatoes and chop them.
- Dry roast the peanuts and make a coarse powder.
- Mix the coarsely powdered peanuts, salt and sugar with the drained sabudana.
- Heat peanut oil. Fry the cumin first.
- Add the curry leaves and green chillies. Fry for a few seconds and then add the grated ginger.
- Now add chopped boiled potato and saute for a minute.
- Add the sabudana. Keep on stirring often on a low flame for 6 minutes.
- When the sabudana loses their opaqueness and starts becoming translucent they are cooked.
- Switch off the flame and add lemon juice and chopped coriander leaves.
- While serving garnish with a few coriander leaves and drizzle with some lemon juice.