Sabudana is referred to as sago or tapioca pearls. It is crafted from starch from tapioca roots. For making khichdi pick out medium sized pearls of sago. Big Sabudana isn’t always specific for making khichdi.
- 2 cup Sabudana
- 1 tablespoon Ghee
- 1 potato boiled chopped
- 2 green chilli chopped
- Salt to taste
- 1 teaspoon Red chilli powder
- 3/4 tablespoon Peanuts roasted
- 2 tablespoon Lemon Juice
- 2-3 tablespoon Chopped Coriander
- 1 tsp Cumin seeds
- Wash and soak sabudana in water. Keep it for two hours. After soaking sabudana doubles in length and pearls are cut loose every other.
- Warmness ghee in a pan upload cumin seeds and green chilli. Fry them for 1 minute and upload boiled potatoes. Saute those boiled potatoes for 3-4 mins. Upload soaked sabudana.
- Cook sabudana/sago for two-three mins and upload salt, lemon/lime juice and blend well.
- Cook for 6 mins, till sabudana pearls end up translucent. To save you sabudana from sticking to the lowest stir in among.
- Khichdi is ready, now to serve sabudana upload beaten peanuts, coriander leaves and serve it hot.
- Use 1 cup of water to soak it. Soak it for four-five hrs. to take a look at that sabudana has been nicely soaked press a pearl among your thumb and index finger. If it smashes without difficulty which means it’s far flawlessly soaked.