Diced mango adds a sweet and surprising touch to this colorful salad of barley, red onion, peppers, herbs and cucumbers.
Ingrediants for Rainbow barley salad
- 1 cup raw fast barley
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp. Weis Quality Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 tbsp. Weis quality red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon. Weis quality stone-ground Dijon mustard
- 1 Teaspoon. 100% pure Weis quality honey
- 1/2 tsp Weis quality iodized salt
- 1/2 tsp Weis Quality Black Malabar Pepper, freshly ground
- 6ravanelli, quartered lengthwise
- 2 large carrots, chopped
- (8 oz) Pack Sugar Free Snap Peas
- 2 cups of kale
- 90 g of crumbled goat cheese
How to make Rainbow barley salad
1. Cook the barley as indicated on the label only until tender; drain and rinse with cold water.
2. In a large bowl, whisk together the garlic, oil, vinegar, mustard, honey, salt and pepper. Add the radishes, carrots, peas, kale and barley; mix until well combined. Serve the salad sprinkled with goat cheese. For about 8 cups.
Barley has a nutty flavor and a chewy texture. Use it to add a fiber boost to salads or soups or as an alternative to rice in recipes.