Quinoa kara pongal is a healthy, moderate highly spiced pongal made through cooking quinoa and dal and tempered with ghee & spices. Quinoa Kara Pongal may be very filling and saves your urge for food for lengthy hours.
- 1/four cup quinoa
- 2 tbsp moong dal
- 1 cup water
- salt to taste
- 1 tbsp ghee
- 1 tsp oil
- 1/4 tsp jeera
- 1/4 tsp pepper corns
- 2 small sprig curry leaves
- 1 small dry red chilli
- 5 cashews broken
- Rinse quinoa first and set aside.Dry roast dal till golden then upload quinoa to it.Add water.
- Cook blanketed in low flame till mushy.Quinoa ought to have tails popping out which suggests its flawlessly cooked.
- Mash it nicely.If its too dry upload little warm water.
- In a kadai upload ghee and oil then upload the tempering in the end upload cashews and fry till golden.
- Transfer the tempering to pongal in conjunction with required salt.Mix nicely and serve warm.