These delicious breakfast cookies are satisfying as a healthy snack that helps curb that sweet tooth, too!
Quinoa is an edible seed from the amaranth family. It’s pronounced “keen-wah,” and when cooked, it creates a fluffy cooked dish that pairs well with so many of our favorite mains! Quinoa is high in both protein and fiber along with B vitamins and minerals.
Ingredients of Quinoa Breakfast Cookies
- 1 cup almond flour
- ⅔ cup uncooked quinoa
- ¼ cup maple syrup, honey
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking powder
- A pinch of salt
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- Raspberry Jelly
How to Make Quinoa Breakfast Cookies
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper in the ovan.
- Place quinoa in food processor and process making flour.
- Add all the ingredients and making dough.
- Wrap the dough in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Place the cookie dough on one piece of parchment and place the other piece of parchment on top of the cookie dough.
- Flatten the cookie dough.
- Using a cookie cutter, you can shape any size.
- Cut out circles of dough and place them in the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Cookies cool completely and store them in an airtight container.