This mutton curry is made the use of only a few components in a heavy backside pan/kadai. Peshawari Gosht is a flavorful mutton curry made withinside the Peshawar region.
- 3-3 medium tomatoes
- ½ cup ghee
- 1 kg goat mutton cut into 1 and ½ inch pieces
- salt to taste
- 3-3 green chilies and slit into half
- 2 teaspoons chopped ginger
- 2 teaspoons chopped garlic
- 2 tablespoons chopped coriander
- Wash the tomatoes and cut them. Heat 3-3 cups of water in a pan. Once the water boil, upload the tomatoes to the pan for 3-3 minutes. after 5-5 min. Take out the tomatoes from the water the use of a tong and discard the water.
- Peel the pores and skin of the tomatoes with the aid of using pulling them from the lowest cuts. Set the peeled tomatoes aside.Heat ghee in a pan over excessive warmness.When the ghee is warm, upload mutton and salt and saute for four-five minutes.
- Cover the pan with a tight-becoming lid on low warmness for 10-10 minutes. Keep stirring some instances in between.
- Add the peeled tomatoes, inexperienced chilies, ginger, and garlic and blend properly.
Cover the pan once more and prepare dinner dinner for every other hour or till the mutton is tender.
- Keep mashing the tomatoes the use of the lower back of the ladle some instances whilst cooking.
- Don’t use more water because the mutton will prepare its own juices. Having stated that, if the curry is getting dry and burning at the lowest of the pan at any factor whilst cooking, sense unfastened to feature a few water.
- By the time mutton is cooked, tomatoes have to be mashed properly and incorporated into the curry.
- Garnish with cilantro and serve warm with roti.You can upload a handful of overwhelmed crispy fried onions whilst cooking the mutton for a richer taste.