Parda Biryani is a rich, sinful biryani make with different spices, vegetables and cooked in dum with a roti layer covering it.
Ingredients of Parda Biryani
- Fried onions – 1/2 cup.
- Basmati rice(soaked) – 2 cups
- Dough – 1 cup
- Yoghurt – 1 cup
- Biryani masala – 1/3 cup
- Ginger galic paste – 1 tablespoon
- Mint leaves (chopped) – 1 bunch
- Mixed vegetables (chopped) – 1 cup.
- Soya nuggets/nutrela – 1 cup
- Coriander leaves (chopped) – 1 bunch
- Saffron colour – 1 tea spoon
How To Cook Parda Biryani
- Boil soya nuggets in water.
- Put oil add all the vegetables, with chopped mint leaves, coriander leaves in a kadhai. Add fried onions, ginger garlic paste, biryani masala, yoghurt, salt to taste. Cook the vegetables.
- When the vegetables are half cooked add the nuggets cook it with vegetables.
- Prepare white rice with cumin seeds, oil, salt, Cook half cook the rice.
- Layer this partially cooked rice on the vegetables add saffron color, fried onions to it.
- For the parda, take the dough roll it out in the shape of the bowl to be served in.
- Once biryani is prepared transfer it to the serving bowl cover it with the parda layer.
- Place the oven in broil mode to the maximum temperature rest the biryani bowl in it.
- Keep it till the layer of dough puffs a little get brown spots similar to that on a roti.