Delicious cookies to enjoy during the Christmas holidays. Bittersweet chocolate melted and mixed with ground almonds, eggs and sugar, cooked to perfection! These cookies would be the perfect Christmas present for you and your family.
Ingredients of Nero chocolate cookies
- 1 almond
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 granulated sugar
- 2 sweet and sour chocolates
- 2 unsalted butter
- 1/2 flour
- 1 baking powder
- To roll the powdered sugar
- To roll the icing sugar
How to make Nero chocolate cookies
1. Toast the almonds in the oven until lightly browned and when cool, finely crush them and set aside.
2. Place a stainless steel bowl over a double boiler and melt the chocolate and butter together, stirring frequently.
3. When completely melted, remove from heat.
4. In another bowl, combine the eggs and sugar.
5. Beat on medium speed for about 5 minutes or until mixture is pale and fluffy.
6. Slowly pour the chocolate mixture into the eggs, stirring well to combine.
7. Add the flour, baking powder and almonds to the chocolate and eggs and mix until a smooth dough is obtained.
8. Refrigerate the dough for two hours.
9. Heat the oven to 325 degrees F.
10. Take the dough out of the refrigerator and take small pieces the size of large olives and roll them into a ball.
11. Roll each ball first in granulated sugar, then in powdered sugar and place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
12. Continue to use all the dough in the same way.
13. Bake cookies for about 15 minutes or until they expand and start to crack.
14. Serve with tea or coffee.