Moong Dal Twisties are very popular indian recipe.Children loves these twisties.
Ingredients of Moong Dal Twisties
- Split Moong Dal: 180 grams
- Whole Wheat Flour: 300 grams
- Whole Jeera: half tsp
- Red Chilli Flakes:half tsp
- Ajwain Seeds: 1/4 tsp
- Kalonji / Black Cumin: 1/4 tsp
- Turmeric Powder: 1/4 tsp
How to Make Moong Dal Twisties
- Wash dal properly many times and soaked for 15 minutes.
- Put the Dal in a pressure cooker which has been washed properly beforehand . Give it two whistles and then drain the dal.
- Put all masalas, wheat flour, and making smooth dough.
- Allow the dough to rest for about 10 – 12 minutes by covering it with a wet cloth.
- Take a kadhai and put some oil in it and switch on the flame.
- Divide the kneaded dough into equal portions.
- Make round and roll each of them portion , cut it into 1cm strips width and then again cut each strips into two from the middle , give them a twist the way we prepare twisted cheese straws.
- Put slowly the twisties in the kadhai. Fry till golden brown.
- Allow it cool and serve it with mint chutney or ketchup for evening snacks or as vegetarian bar snacks .