Ground chicken mixed with a host of spices and vegetables like carrots, cabbage and green onions with a delicious sauce made with sweet chili sauce, ginger, peanut butter, soy sauce and red pepper, served in pies. It’s a great dish to make as a starter for a dinner party or for a lazy Sunday brunch.
Ingredients for minced chicken salad
- 30 ml olive oil
- 200 g ground chicken
- 20 g garlic (minced)
- 125 g chopped onion
- to taste the salt
- to taste black pepper
- 50 g carrot, grated
- 120 g cabbage
- 100g green onions, chopped
Also Read: Summer Squash Salad Recipe
For the sauce:
- 60 g sweet pepper sauce
- 40g peanut butter
- 20 g grated ginger
- 30 ml soy sauce
- 60 g fresh cilantro, chopped
- 10 g red pepper flakes (crushed)
- 4 nos pies
How to make a minced chicken salad
1. Over medium flame, heat the oil in a large skillet.
2. Add the chicken, garlic, onions, salt and pepper and cook, stirring occasionally, until the chicken is cooked through.
3. Add the carrots, cabbage and green onions and cook for another 2 minutes.
4. In a small bowl, combine the ginger, peanut butter, soy sauce, sweet chili sauce and crushed red pepper. Stir until smooth.
5. Add the sauce to the pan. Add the cilantro. mix everything until combined.
6. Divide the mixture into individual pies.