If you are planning to make a protein rich lunch, lentil and vegetable dish at home then this Masoor Dal and Palak Khichdi is perfect for you.
Ingredients of Masoor Dal And Palak Khichdi
- 1 cup Rice
- 1/2 cup Masoor Dal
- 2 cups Spinach Leaves
- 2 inch Ginger , chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon hing
- 1 teaspoon Panch phoran masala
- 1 Cinnamon
- 2 Bay leaf
- 1/2 teaspoon Turmeric
- 2 Cardamom
- 2 Green Chillies
- 2 Tomatoes , chopped
- 2 tablespoons ghee
How to Make Masoor Dal And Palak Khichdi
- Wash the rice, masoor dal and soak for half an hour.
- Wash the spinach leaves and make puree.
- Heat the pressure cooker with ghee. Once the ghee is hot, add bay leaf, cinnamon stick, cardamom, asafoetida and saute.
- Add the tomatoes, green chillies and cook till the tomatoes turn soft.
- Add in the ginger, turmeric powder and panch phoran masala.
- Add the soaked rice, masoor dal, spinach puree and salt along with 3 cups of water. Cook for 4 whistles.
- Serve hot with ghee on top.