My mother-in-law gave me this simple Mexican rice recipe that I’ve updated. Here it is.
- 1 cup long-grain white rice
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 onion, minced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 ½ cups chook broth
- 1 tomato, seeded and diced
- ½ teaspoon floor cumin
- ½ teaspoon Spanish saffron
- salt and floor black pepper to taste
- ¼ cup frozen peas and carrots, thawed
- 1 sprig sparkling cilantro (Optional)
Cook and stir rice and oil in a skillet over medium warmness till gently toasted, approximately 2 minutes. Add onion and prepare dinner dinner for two minutes. Add garlic and prepare dinner dinner till fragrant, approximately 1 minute.
Pour chook broth into rice aggregate and produce to a boil; stir tomato, cumin, saffron, salt, and black pepper into broth and produce to a boil. Cover, lessen warmness to low, and simmer till rice is cooked, approximately 20 minutes.
Stir peas and carrots into cooked rice; garnish with cilantro.