Lauki Raita is a easy but enjoyable aspect made with grated bottle gourd. It is a healthful aspect dish to have with biryani, pilaf or any flavored rice. Made inside mins and with easy ingredients, this raita may be served together with curries!.
- 2 cups Bottle Gourd (Lauki) peeled and grated, 1 medium sized lauki
- ½ teaspoon Salt alter to taste
- 1 cup Water for cooking
- three cups Yogurt chilled
- 1 Green Chili Pepper finely diced, optional
- Cilantro leaves chopped, to garnish
- ½ teaspoon Roasted Ground Cumin (Jeera powder)
- ¼ teaspoon Kashmiri purple chili powder alter to taste, optional
- Black Pepper to taste
- Peel and grate the lauki. If the seeds withinside the middle of the lauki are big in size, get rid of them earlier than grating.Preparing Lauki in strain cooker or a pan add the grated lauki, salt and water to the strain cooker.
- In Pressure prepare 1 whistle for stovetop strain cooker or in a saucepan, boil until lauki is soft and cooked.
- Immediately stress the water from the lauki the use of a strainer. Keep the strainer beneathneath jogging bloodless water for 30 seconds, so the lauki does now no longer overcook. Press the lauki among your hands to get rid of extra water. Keep aside.
- Whisk the yogurt until it’s far easy and creamy. Add the grated lauki, inexperienced chili and seasoning into the yogurt. Stir well.
- Serve chilled and garnish with cilantro, pinch of black salt, garam masala earlier than serving.
- After you stress the cooked lauki, the leftover water may be used to make dough or dals.