Laapsi is an Indian sweet dish made of broken wheat pieces and ghee along with nuts, raisins and dried fruits.
Ingredients of Lapsi
- 1 cup Broken Wheat
- 1 cup Jaggery
- 1/2 teaspoon Cardamom Powder
- 1/4 cup Sultana Raisins
- 1/4 cup Cashew nuts , broken
- 2 tablespoons ghee
How to Make Lapsi
- Dissolve the jaggery in hot water, strain to remove any residue.
- Take a pan and heat one tbs ghee.
- Add the cashew nuts and roast.
- Turn off the heat.
- Heat ghee in a pan, roast the broken wheat and the color changes to golden orange.
- Put in the jaggery mixture and cardamom powder.
- Reduce the heat to low and cover the pan for 10 minutes.
- When done the grains should be separate, switch off the flame.
- Put cashew nuts and the raisins to the above mixture and serve.