These lamb chops are a quick, easy and healthy meal during the week. Ready in just 25-30 minutes.
Ingrediants for Lamb in honey with carrot and lentil salad
- 2 teaspoons of chopped fresh rosemary leaves
- 2 tablespoons of balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- 2 tablespoons of fresh lemon juice
- 12 small French-style lamb cutlets
- 1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil
- 400g can of lentils, rinsed, drained
- 300 g of pre-cut carrot
- 80 g baby spinach, chopped
- 2 tablespoons of currants
- Fresh basil leaves, for serving
Method for Lamb in honey with carrot and lentil salad
- Combine the rosemary, balsamic vinegar, honey and 1 tablespoon of lemon juice in a deep plate. Add the lamb and stir to flavor. Cover and set aside for 10 minutes to marinate.
- Meanwhile, combine the oil and remaining lemon juice in a large bowl. Add lentils, carrots, spinach and currants. Season then mix to combine.
- Lightly grease a large non-stick pan with oil. Heat over medium-high heat. Remove the lamb from the marinade, reserving the marinade.
- Cook the lamb for 2 minutes per side or until cooked to your liking. Transfer to a plate. Cover the lamb loosely with foil. Set aside for 3 minutes to rest. Return the pan to high heat. Add the reserved marinade. Simmer for 1 minute or until reduced and syrupy.
- Arrange the carrot and lentil salad on a serving dish. Garnish with the lamb and basil. Drizzle with the sticky balsamic sauce to serve.