Kovakkai (Ivy Gourd/Tindora/Kundroo/tundroo) is a famous vegetable in South India and has severa medicinal properties.
- Kovakkai (Ivy Gourd / Tindora) – 500 gms
- Tomatoes – 250 gms
- Green Chillies – five to 6
- Gingelly Oil – 2 tblsp
- Cumin Powder – 2 tblsp
- Fenugreek Seeds – 1 tblsp
- Turmeric Powder – 1 tsp
- Lemons – three to four
- Curry Leaves – few
- Salt as in step with taste
1. Wash and chop the kovakkais into small portions.
2. Heat little oil in a pan. Fry the fenugreek seeds till golden and grind to a powder.
3. Boil the tomatoes, peel the pores and skin and puree the pulp.Heat little oil withinside the pan. Saute the inexperienced chillies and kovakkai portions for a minute or two.
4. Add the fenugreek powder and add turmeric powder, tomato puree, curry leaves, cumin powder and salt. Simmer till the inexperienced chillies and kovakkai portions are nicely cooked.
5. When it reaches a pickle consistency, upload lemon juice and blend nicely.Switch off from flame and permit it to cool.Store in an airtight, easy container.