Lacha and Guchi are the varieties of the Saffron. Kashmir saffron is cultivated and harvested withinside the Karewa of Jammu and Kashmir. They are wealthy in potassium, nutrients, copper and nutrition D other than numerous B-nutrients. It is similarly wealthy in antioxidants that save you fitness troubles such as coronary heart sicknesses and diabetes with the aid of using eliminating reactive oxygen species that damage the body.
- 2 tablespoon Ghee
- 2-2 Cloves
- 3-3 Green Cardamom
- 1 Black Cardamom
- 1 inch Cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon Cumin Seeds
- 50 g Gucchi
- 1 cup Basmati Rice
- Salt to taste
- Wash the gucci thoroughly and soak in 2 cups of water for an hour.
- Soak the rice in water for 30 minutes.
- Heat ghee in a pan. Once the ghee is warm, upload the soaked gucci and fry for 2-three minutes.
- Add the entire spices and allow them to fry for some seconds.
- Add cumin seeds and allow them to crackle for some seconds.
- Now upload the soaked rice withinside the pan.
- Mix greater water withinside the water wherein gucci have been soaked to make 2 cups after which upload it withinside the pan.
- Add salt. Cover the pan and prepare the pulao on low warmth till all of the water is absorbed and gucchi is cooked.
- Remove the pan from warmth and permit it relaxation for five minutes.
- Fluff it lightly with a fork. Serve warm with a raita.
- While shopping for gucchi, ensure you test they fresh and dry.
- Do now no longer purchase soft, spongy, desiccated or moist gucchi because it will break easily.
- Small gucchi mushroom are higher than the big large ones.
- Wash the gucchi thoroughly. Their guidelines may have lot’s of dust and if now no longer washed properly, the dust can come into the rice.
- Use the water wherein the gucchi have been soaked to make the pulao. It has all of the adorable flavour from the gucchi.
- You also can stuff the gucchi with a cheese and khoya filling and make a filled gucchi pulao.