This is a mildly spiced pulao which is so rich because of the generous amount of cashew added. These are made for celebrations or very occasionally because it is so rich.
Ingredients of Kaju Pulao
- 1 cup aged basmati rice
- 1/4 cup of cashews, soaked
- 1 tbsp raisins
- 1 ¾ cups water
- 1 tbsp. ginger garlic paste
- mint leaves chopped
- 3 tbsp. Ghee
- 1 green chili slit
- 2 strands of mace
- ½ medium sized nutmeg
- 3 inch cinnamon sticks
- 8 cloves
- 6 green cardamom
- ½ tsp shahi jeera
- few pepper corn
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 star anise
How To Make Kaju Pulao
- Soak basmati rice for atleast 30 mins.
- Roast Cashew pieces and raisins to golden brown in a table spoon of Ghee.
- Heat kadhai with oil, temper with all spices.
- Add green chili, mint and ginger garlic paste and fry till the raw smell disappears from ginger garlic paste.Add rice ,mix well
- Pour 1 ¾ cups water and salt. Bring water to a boil.
- Allow to cook on a medium flame till very little water is left in the cooker.
- Mix well, reduce the flame and close the cooker lid for about 5 to 6 minutes
- Fluff rice with a fork mix roasted cashew and raisins gently.
- Add rice mix well.
- Garnish with coriander leaves/mint leaves and serve.