In search of a healthy dinner, try this Asian-inspired zoodle salad with spicy beef.
Ingredients For Hot wasabi and beef zoodle salad
- 1 teaspoon of wasabi paste
- 2 tablespoons of unsalted tamari
- 1 1/2 tablespoons of mirin
- 2 x 250g lean beef fillet, fat free
- 145 g (1 cup) of frozen shelled edamame
- 250 g pack of courgette noodles
- 100 g of baby spinach
- 1 small red pepper, seeded, thinly sliced
- 1/2 small red onion, cut into thin wedges
- 2 teaspoons of sesame seeds, toasted
Method For Hot wasabi and beef zoodle salad
- Combine wasabi, tamari and mirin in a small bowl. Place half of the seasoning in a deep dish and add the meat. Switch to the coat. Cover and set aside for 30 minutes to marinate. Reserve the remaining dressing.
- Preheat a skillet or barbecue over high heat. Lightly sprinkle the meat with oil. Cook the meat for 2-3 minutes per side for medium doneness. Transfer to a plate. Cover with aluminum foil and let it rest for 5 minutes before slicing thinly. cook a steak on a barbecue.
- Meanwhile, steam the edamame for 2-3 minutes in a pot of boiling water, adding the courgettes in the last minute of cooking. Drain.
- Combine the courgettes, edamame, spinach, peppers and onion in a large serving bowl. Cover with the beef and season with the reserved dressing. Sprinkle with sesame seeds.