Corn is one of the healthiest snack options, especially when it’s full of flavor. Whether it’s boiled sweetcorn, tortillas, nachos and cornmeal or in this recipe as raw, dressed corn on the cob. Here’s a delicious, flavorful corn cob recipe with a balance of tangy lemon and sweet honey with spices. Made with the technique of sous vide cooking which means “sous vide” in French and refers to the process of vacuuming food into a bag and then cooking to a very precise temperature in a water bath that cannot be obtained by no other cooking technique. A healthy and tasty snack that you can make in winter to enjoy with friends and family.
Ingredients for sous vide corn glazed with honey and lemon on the cob
- 1 piece of young corn on the cob
- 3 tablespoons of honey
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves (crushed)
- 1/2 cup of celery stalk, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives
- 1/2 tsp. Carrot, sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon of paprika powder
- to garnish the parsley
- 1 plastic bag
- 1 food thermometer
How to make vacuum-packed honey lemon-on-the-cob glazed corn
1. Marinate the corn with all the ingredients and place in a plastic bag. Vacuum the bag.
2. Heat the water to 63 degrees C and maintain the temperature.
3. Put the bag in the water (start with cold water).
4. Bake for 160 minutes.
5. Take out and sprinkle with powdered paprika, parsley and serve.