Packed with flavor, this healthy pan has over 3 servings of veggies per serving and with added chicken and lentil protein. It’s a great winter dinner option that will wow the whole family.
Ingrediants for Healthy harissa chicken, lentils and kale
- 3 steps of the method
- 3 small carrots, peeled, sliced diagonally
- 2 onions, cut into thin wedges
- 1 tablespoon of chopped fresh rosemary leaves
- 1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons of harissa paste
- 1 lemon, grated zest, squeezed
- 1 clove of garlic (peel, chop and crush)
- 8 chicken fillets (about 500g), trimmed
- 400 g of brown lentils without added salt, rinsed, drained
- 80 g of chopped kohlrabi
- 160 ml (2/3 cup) chicken-style liquid broth reduced in Massel salt
- 90 g (1/3 cup) of labneh, drained
Method for Healthy harissa chicken, lentils and kale
- Preheat the oven to 200 ° C / 180 ° forced air. Line a large baking sheet or baking sheet with parchment paper. Place the carrot, onion and rosemary in the prepared dish and season with the oil. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until lightly browned and tender.
- Meanwhile, combine the harissa, 1 tablespoon of lemon juice and the garlic in a deep plate. Add the chicken and toss to flavor. Set aside for 10 minutes to marinate.
- Place the lentils, kale and broth in the dish with the carrot mixture and toss to combine. Top with the chicken. Cook for another 10-15 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through. Top with labneh and a little lemon zest. Season and serve.