These cookies are extremely good for dunking into coffee, tea, or warm chocolate due to the fact they’re strong sufficient to now no longer collapse for your drink. Once the dough is scooped, it is rolled in cinnamon-sugar and baked till cracked on top. Crisp at the outside, fine and chewy at the inside.
- 2 cups sifted all-cause flour
- 1 tablespoon floor ginger
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon floor cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup shortening
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup darkish molasses
- ⅓ cup cinnamon sugar
Method how to Make
- Sift the flour, ginger, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt right into a blending bowl. Stir the aggregate to mixture evenly, and sift a 2nd time into every other bowl.
- Preheat oven to 350 stages F (a hundred seventy five stages C).
- Place the shortening right into a blending bowl and beat till creamy.
- Gradually beat withinside the white sugar. Beat withinside the egg, and darkish molasses.
- Sift 1/3 of the flour aggregate into the shortening aggregate; stir to very well mixture.
- Sift withinside the final flour aggregate, and blend collectively till a gentle dough forms.
- Pinch off small quantities of dough and roll into 1 inch diameter balls among your hands.
- Roll every ball in cinnamon sugar, and region 2 inches aside on an ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake in preheated oven till the tops are rounded and barely cracked, approximately 10 minutes. Cool cookies on a twine rack. Store in an air tight container.
- The mag model of this recipe makes use of 2 tablespoons cinnamon blended with 2 teaspoons sugar to coat the cookies earlier than baking.