This egg-free version of the classic French crepe that can be used as a snack, lunch, or dessert (this was developed from the vegan version).
INGREDIANTS for Eggless Crepes
- ½ cup of skimmed milk
- cup of water
- cup of butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons of vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon of white sugar
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil
Instructions for Eggless Crepes
- In a medium bowl, mix together the milk, water, melted butter, and vanilla extract. In a small bowl, mix the flour, sugar and salt thoroughly. Beat the flour mixture into the milk mixture until the batter is smooth. Cover and refrigerate 2 hours.
- Heat a medium skillet over medium-high heat. Coat a pan with a small amount of vegetable oil and pour in about 2 tablespoons of crepe batter. Shake the pan to allow the dough to roll out thinly. Cook until the edges are crisp and golden, then flip to cook on the other side until lightly browned. Repeat with the remaining batter.