This dirty almond rice is an easy and healthy recipe made with boiled rice, raw almonds, spices and tangy lemon juice. Accompany it with a main course in sauce and enjoy a healthy meal.
Ingredients of dirty almond rice
- 1/2 cup whole almonds
- 1 cup of boiled rice (preferably basmati)
- 2 tablespoons of chopped onions
- 1 tablespoon of chopped red pepper
- 1 teaspoon chopped green pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed black pepper
- to taste Salt
- 1 tablespoon of Pao Bhaji masala
- 1/2 teaspoon lime juice
- 2 tablespoons of freshly chopped cilantro leaves
- 1 tablespoon of Desi ghee
- 1 tablespoon of butter
- 1/2 teaspoon of cumin seeds
How to make dirty almond rice
1. Roast the whole almonds in a preheated oven at 180 degrees Celsius for 4 minutes and cut them into strips when cool.
2. In a pan, heat the desi ghee and crack the cumin seeds. Then add the chopped onions, chopped red pepper, chopped green pepper, pao bhaji masala and sauté for another 10 to 12 seconds.
3. Now add the cooked rice and mix them well. Adjust seasoning.
4. Finish with butter, freshly chopped coriander leaves and squeeze out the lime juice.
5. In a serving bowl, place the rice and garnish with toasted flaked almonds.
6. Serve hot.