Dalitoye is a quintessential and popular Konkani style dal recipe that is made using most of the basic ingredients available in the pantry.
Ingredients of Dalitoye
- 1 cup Toor dal
- 3 nos green peppers
- to taste Salt
- to taste Red pepper powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 2 tablespoons of coconut oil
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 3-4 curry leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon hing
- 1 tablespoon of chopped cilantro
How to make Dalitoye
1. Pressure cook the cooking dal, green peppers, salt and add the oil.
2. Turn off the flame after two whistes or until the dal is soft.
3. Mix the dal in the blender or use your hands to crush it.
4. Heat the coconut oil in a separate saucepan and add the mustard seeds, hing, red chili and curry leaves. Now pour the dal mixture into the pan
5. Serve hot with steamed rice.