Dahi Kanji which resembles North Indian kadhi is an authentic Odia dish prepared with curd and is perfect for any type of occasion.
Ingredients of Dahi Kanji
- 1 and 1/2 cup rice water / still water
- 2 tablespoons of soaked rice
- to taste Salt
- 1 teaspoon of turmeric
- 1 teaspoon of black pepper powder
- 1 cup chopped vegetables
- 1 cup of curd
- 1 cup of gram flour
- A pinch of Hing
For the seasoning:
- 1 tablespoon of ghee
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon of cumin seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon fenugreek seeds
- 3-4 curry leaves
How to make Dahi Kanji
1. Take a container and add rice water / plain water, turmeric and salt. Add all the vegetables and let them boil.
2. Add the curd, gram flour, turmeric and water in a separate container. Mix well.
3. Add the crushed pepper powder. Now add this curd mixture to the pot of boiled vegetables. Add the chopped ginger and the hing water.
4. For the tadka, add curry leaves, mustard seeds, fenugreek seeds and cumin seeds in hot oil.
5. Add this tadka to the mixture of vegetables and curd. Stir for 5-10 minutes.
6. Serve hot with chapatis or steamed rice.