My vegetarian version of a deli style pasta salad! Swap the spiral summer squash with half the noodles and a creamy tahini dressing for one made with mayonnaise. It’s a healthier version of the over-the-counter grocery classic, but it’s just as good.
- 1 kg of your favorite vegan pasta
- 1 cup unsalted cashews
- 12 ounces roasted red peppers (drained)
- juice of ½ lemon
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 2 teaspoons of dry basil or oregano
- 1 ½ + 1 teaspoon of kosher salt
- 1 pint of cherry tomatoes
- chopped red pepper
- chopped red onion
- 12 ounces of kalamata olives
- 12 ounces of artichoke hearts
- Boil 1 pound of your favorite vegan pasta al dente according to package directions. Drain and rinse with cold water.
- Place 1 cup of unsalted cashews, 12 ounces of roasted (drained) red bell peppers, ½ lemon juice, 2 cloves of garlic, 2 teaspoons of dried basil or oregano, and 1 ½ teaspoon of kosher salt in a blender on high speed. Blend until smooth and creamy, 1-2 minutes.
- Add the pasta to a large bowl with 1 pint cherry tomatoes (halved or quartered), chopped red pepper, chopped red onion, 12 ounces of Kalamata olives (drained and halved), and 12 ounces of artichoke hearts. Season with 1 teaspoon of Kosher salt. Pour over the creamy roasted red pepper sauce. Throw to combine.
- Serve cold or at room temperature. It can be kept in the fridge for up to 1 week.