Healthy, hearty, tasty and simply delicious salad to prepare at home. Coconut Lime Quinoa Salad is a quick and easy recipe packed with the goodness of super grain quinoa with coconut and a lime flavor. Give your salad a healthy and delicious touch with this recipe as easy as it gets. Perfect mid-day meal in summer.
Coconut Lime Quinoa Salad Ingredients
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa
- 2 cups of water
- 1/2 cup red onion, sliced
- 3 cups of cucumber (diced)
- 1 1/2 cup purple cabbage
- 1/2 cup avocado (ripened and diced)
- 4 orange segments
- 2 cups peeled edamame (thawed)
- 1/2 cup toasted unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1/4 cup chopped almonds
- A few shakes of black pepper
For the dressing:
- 2 tablespoons of orange juice
- 1 lime (squeezed)
- 2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
How to make a coconut lime quinoa salad
1. Boil the quinoa in the water according to the directions on the package. It should take about 12 to 15 minutes and all the water should be absorbed. Take it off the heat, drain it with a fork and let it cool.
2. Whisk the dressing together in a small bowl and set aside.
3. Prepare all the remaining ingredients as directed above and mix them together in a very large bowl. Once the quinoa becomes cool, add it to the mixture with the dressing. Stir well to coat.
4. While this salad can be enjoyed right away if you wish, for best results let it sit for at least 30 minutes – or overnight if you can.
5. The amount of dressing used is quite small compared to the size of the salad because the lime, fresh herbs, orange segments, and avocado do an amazing job of creating flavor and moisture.