It’s a nice party or potluck dish. You can easily double, triple, or quadruple it, too.
- 1 Cup Thai Jasmine Rice*
- 1 cup Cocunut Milk
- 2 Cups Water
- Salt to Taste
- 1 tsp Oil
To Garnish :
- Dry Mixed Herbs (Thyme, Oregano, Basil)
- Red CHilli Flakes
- Shredded unsweetend Cocunut
- Finely Chopped Coriander Leaves
- You can use regular basmati rice rather than jasmine rice if unavailble.
- Heat oil in a deep pan and saute rice until every grain is lined with oil. Add coconut milk, water and salt to rice and allow it come to a boil. When it begins boiling, flip the warmth to low and cowl it with a lid for 5-5 mins or until rice is simply cooked, Drain the extra water if any.
- Place in serving dish and garnish it with dry herbs, chili flakes, shredded coconut and finely chopped coriander leaves. Serve warm with thai crimson curry or inexperienced curry.