Seasonal asparagus is easy and delicious grilled while tender, while cherry tomatoes add sweetness and color to this vibrant chicken dish.
Ingredients for Chicken with citrus and herbs
- 3 to 4 lbs. parts of chicken with bone
- 2 oranges, sliced
- 1 lemon, sliced
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 cup of fresh orange juice
- 1/2 cup of fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup of olive oil
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1/2 tbsp. dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp. paprika
- 1/4 tsp. red pepper flakes (optional)
- 2 or 3 sprigs of fresh thyme
- 2 or 3 sprigs of fresh rosemary
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
Preparation for Chicken with citrus and herbs
- Preheat the oven to 400 F.
In a bowl, combine the olive oil, garlic, orange juice, lemon juice, dried oregano, paprika, diced onion, chilli flakes and season with salt and pepper. to taste.
Place half of the orange slices and half of the lemon slices on the bottom of a baking sheet.
- Arrange the chicken pieces on top of the sliced orange in the pan and season to taste.
Garnish the chicken with the thyme, rosemary and the remaining orange and lemon slices.Pour the orange and lemon juice mixture all over the chicken.
Place in the preheated oven and cook, uncovered, for 45-60 minutes.