Quinoa is a flowering plant in the amaranth family. It’s seeds are rich in protein, dietary fiber, B vitamins, and dietary minerals in amounts greater than in many grains.
Ingredients of Chicken Quinoa Biryani
- 4 chicken thighs
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup quinoa
- 2 1/2 cups Chicken Cooking Stock
- 5 cardamom pods
- 5 clove pods
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon garam masala
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon coriander
- 5 cloves garlic chopped
- 1/2 a yellow onion chopped
- 1/2 inch piece of ginger grated
- 2 stalks celery sliced
- 2 carrots sliced
- Handful of spinach chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 boiled eggs
How to Make Chicken Quinoa Biryani
- Put the olive oil in a pan.
- Then add in the chicken and let brown on each side.
- Add in the quinoa and pour over the 2/12 cups of Chicken Cooking Stock.
- Add in the cardamom pods, clove pods, turmeric, paprika, garam masala, cumin, coriander, garlic, onion and ginger and mix well for 15 min.
- Add in the celery, carrots and spinach and cover and let cook 5 more minutes.
- Remove from heat and let sit covered for 10 min.
- Garnish with sliced boiled eggs and enjoy warm.