A silky-textured corn soup with chicken, eggs and jalapeño peppers. This comforting bowl makes for a full lunch or dinner and is packed with nutrients.
Chicken Corn Soup Ingredients
- 5 grams of onion, chopped
- 1 gram of chopped garlic
- 20 ml olive oil
- 200 g canned corn
- to taste the salt
- to taste of crushed black pepper
- 5 ml of jalapeño brine
- 20 g butter
- 30 ml of cream
- 1 chicken breast (sliced), grilled
- 1 fried egg
- 100 ml of water
- 1 slice of toasted garlic bread
- 30g fennel pickle (optional, fresh fennel, cooked in salt, chilli, sugar and vinegar)
Also Read: Oats Mango Smoothie Recipe
How to make chicken and corn soup
1. For 2 minutes, sauté the onion and garlic in olive oil.
2. Add the canned corn and cook for 5 minutes.
3. Add salt, pepper and jalapeño brine. For another 5 minutes, add a little water and cook. Leave to cool then puree in a blender.
4. Heat again, add the cream and butter with the slices of grilled chicken, garnish with a fried egg.
5. Add the pickle to the fennel (cooked in salt, chilli, sugar and vinegar). Serve it on a pasta plate with garlic toast.