Chocolate rice porridge that is largely dessert for breakfast.
- 2 cups candy sticky rice
- 10 cups water
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup unsweetened baking cocoa + sugar to taste
- 4 tbsp bittersweet chocolate
- condensed milk for topping
- Rinse and drain the rice till the water runs clear.
- Add the rice, water, and salt to a huge pot. Bring all of it to a boil, then flip the warmth down and simmer (uncovered!) for 20-ish min till the rice is completely cooked and the water is frequently absorbed. Make certain to stir it occasionally.
- Chop the chocolate into small pieces.
- Once the rice is completed cooking, upload the floor cocoa and chopped chocolate. Turn the warmth off and stir till the chocolate has completely melted into the rice. It need to have a wealthy brown colour and a thick, porridge like texture.
- Spoon into bowls and pinnacle with evaporated milk (my favorite), condensed milk (in case you need it a lil sweeter) or both.
- This may be served warm or cold. The longer it sits, the greater it thickens. Thin it out with a chunk of water or evaporated milk.