Ingredients of the Caesar salad recipe:
The Caesar salad is easy, classic, and the ingredients are simple. You will need:
- Romaine lettuce (1 large or 2 small heads)
- Parmesan cheese, grated or shaved
- Crispy Croutons – Homemade can be made several days in advance. The recipe below makes enough for 2 salads.
- Caesar dressing – The best homemade
How to make croutons:
The homemade crispy garlic croutons really enhance this salad, giving it a pretty refined look and taste. The cheese crust on each toast will have you munching on those croutons!
- Cut the baguette in half lengthwise and slice into 1/4-inch-thick pieces and place on a baking sheet.
- Mix 3 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil in minced garlic. Toss breads in garlic infused oil and 2 tbsp. of parmesan.
- Distribute evenly and bake in the oven until the desired crispness.
How to make Caesar dressing:
The Caesar dressing makes so quickly and all you need is a bowl and a whisk. This Caesar dressing is light, healthy, and packed with so much fresh flavor without the need for a lot of salt.
- Whisk together the minced garlic, dijon, Worcestershire, lemon juice and red wine vinegar.
- Whisk while adding oil emulsifies the dressing for a smooth, creamy (non-greasy) consistency.
- Season with 1/2 teaspoon of salt and 1/8 teaspoon of black pepper, or to taste.
How to make a Caesar salad:
In a large bowl, combine all your ingredients and toss gently to coat the lettuce with the Caesar dressing. This recipe makes enough croutons for two full salads so you have them ready to go for the second round!
Chef’s Tip: All you need is a block of Parmesan cheese and a potato peeler to make these pretty parmesan shavings. It’s easy!