Dried tomatoes add delicious umami morsels to this super green combination of summer vegetables, basil, pasta, and pine nuts.
- 1½ cup elbow pasta (150 grams)
- 8.5 ounces Broccoli (240 grams)
- 1 small onion
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1 cup of cherry tomatoes (250 grams)
- 3 tablespoons of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 3.5 ounces of feta cheese (100 grams)
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Start with the boiling water for the pasta and broccoli.
- Meanwhile: peel and slice the onion into strips. Peel the garlic and chop it with a knife or pass it through a garlic press (preferably) – set aside.
- Wash the broccoli and divide them into florets.
When the water boils, add salt and throw in the pasta. Check the time on the pasta package instructions and add the broccoli florets 5 minutes before the end.
- Fry the onion for about 3 minutes before adding the garlic. Stir: garlic tends to burn quite quickly. Add the cherry tomatoes and sauté for 1-2 minutes.
- In a serving bowl, combine the drained pasta, broccoli and sauté. Drizzle with more oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Divide into 2 plates and garnish with a generous amount of Feta. Excellent served immediately.