Tender pork tamari tastes incredible with the golden pumpkin croquettes in this low-calorie, warm salad.
Ingredients for Black rice, pork tamari and roasted pumpkin salad
- 250 g wild rice, rinsed
- 2 kg Kent squash, seeded, cut into thin wedges
- 1 large red onion, cut into wedges
- 80 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 2 1/2 tablespoon white balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice fresh
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 lettuce radish with torn leaves
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves
- 1 cup fresh continental parsley leaves 1/2 pomegranate seeds 45g toasted pine nuts
How to make Black rice, pork tamari and roasted pumpkin salad
- Cook the rice in a saucepan with boiling water for 40-45 minutes or until tender. Drain. Cool off under cold running water. Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 200 ° C / 180 ° C ventilated.
- Line 2 large baking sheets with parchment paper. Place the pumpkin wedges upright on the prepared trays (skin side down). Add the onion to the trays. Combine 2 tablespoons of oil, 2 teaspoons of vinegar and 2 teaspoons of honey in a small bowl.
- Sprinkle with pumpkin and onion. Season. Roast for 40 minutes or until caramelized. Put the lemon juice, mustard and the remaining 2 tablespoons of oil, 2 tablespoons of vinegar and 2 teaspoons of honey in a bowl.
- Blend to combine. In a large bowl combine the rice, radicchio, basil, parsley, onion and half of the pomegranate and pine nuts. Season with half of the dressing. Throw to combine. Arrange half of the pumpkin on a serving dish.
- Cover with half of the rice mixture. Season with half of the remaining sauce. Repeat with the remaining squash, rice mixture, and seasoning. Sprinkle with the remaining pomegranate and pine nuts. If you liked the recipe “Roasted Pumpkin and Black Rice Salad”, tell your friends!