Roasted pumpkin takes this homemade hummus to a new level of delicacy for Dinner.
ingrediants For Beef kibbeh with roasted pumpkin hummus
- 600 g of peeled pumpkin, cut into 2 cm pieces
- 40g (1 ⁄4 cup) burghul
- 500g extra lean
- 1 small red onion, finely grated
- 2 tablespoons of fresh mint leaves, finely chopped, plus 1⁄2 cup of whole leaves, extra
- 2 teaspoons of lemon zest, finely grated
- 1 teaspoon of ground allspice
- 1 ⁄2 teaspoons of ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons of ground cumin
- 400g can of chickpeas, rinsed, drained
- 1 tablespoon of water
- 2 tablespoons of fresh lemon juice
- 1 Lebanese cucumber, chopped
- 250 g of cherry tomatoes, halved
- Lemon wedges, for serving
How to make Beef kibbeh with roasted pumpkin hummus
- Preheat the oven to 200 ° C / 180 ° forced air. Arrange the pumpkin on a lined baking sheet. Spray with oil. Roast for 25 minutes or until tender.
- Meanwhile, place the burghul in a heat-resistant bowl. Cover with boiling water. Set aside for 10 minutes to soak. Drain well.
- Combine the burghul, mince, onion, chopped mint, zest, allspice, cinnamon and 1 teaspoon of cumin in a large bowl. Season. Form 12 oval shapes. Spray lightly with oil.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the kibbeh and cook, turning, for 6-8 minutes or until cooked through.
- Meanwhile, blend the chickpeas, water, 1 tablespoon juice, half of the pumpkin and the remaining cumin in a food processor until smooth. Season.
- Combine the cucumber, tomato, extra mint and remaining squash and juice in a bowl. Serve the kibbeh with hummus, salad, and lemon wedges.